Tuesday, June 28, 2011

VLV June 2011 Challenge

It's been about 2 years since I played in the Friday VLV Challenge (Verve Stamps). I remember not really playing again because I was sooooo awful! I still have a long way to go, but finally feel like I have it figured out and can get something accomplished a whole lot quicker!!! 

 Love this stamp set every time I use it. Love that there are no faces to color or hair!!! :) Used SU water color paper to stamp the image on. The flower is on grunge board and inked with the refill ink and then a little bit of Paint on it to give it some texture. 

Week 1 
Recipe:
Stamp - Unity Stamps: Rain or Shine
Paper - Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry
Flower - Fun Flowers Die Cut

So Burlap is pretty much my favorite. I bought a light color to dye it with the Tim Holtz Distressed Stains. I love everything about these stains!!! I will own every color one day! 

Week 2 Recipe:
Stamp - Verve Stamps: Blue Skies, Tim Holtz heart stamp
Paper - Rich Razzleberry, Not Quite Navy, 
Burlap - Ranger Distress Stain: Blue Jeans
Butterfly - SU sizzlets


Love this card. Nothing but paint - used a Tim Holtz stamp set, can't find the name of it.... but I just love that this is all me, my art, my take. Just me! Will keep trying to perfect this! 

Week 3 Recipe:
Stamp - Tim Holtz Stamp set
Ink - Ranger Pain Daubers
Paper - Taken with Teal, Early Espresso


So I received my first Verve Stamp Set this week. I have not been a big fan of Acrylic stamps as I find most stamps are not quality and don't leave a clean crisp image. WELL these are just fabulous and work fabulously with all my ink.  I will def. be purchasing more. The flower again is on grunge board and painted with the Ranger dauber, I was impatient and heated it dry and it gave a lot of texture! Love when mistakes work out great!!! 

Week 4 Recipe:
Stamp - Verve Stamp: Blue Skies
Paper - Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy

Leave some love!!!

Enjoy!
Colleen G. 

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

girl, you are not awful....tisk tisk...lol....these are gorgeous, I luv the details and colors...so glad you joined us with the Viva la Verve...Verve as lots of challenges going on all moth, I hope you will play along....have a fabby week!

enjoy *~*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...